ATP-641 Anti-Scale Coating
A water-based, ceramic coating formulated to protect stainless, low alloy, & carbon grade steels against oxide scale, oxidation, and decarburization.
- effective working temperature range 1000-2300⁰ F (538-1260⁰ C)
- reduces surface defects such as forged or rolled-in scale
- reduces secondary finishing operations
- spalls on cooling to leave oxide scale-free surface
- demonstrates exceptional green strength upon proper drying to withstand cracking, chipping, peeling, etc.
- excellent paintability; formulated for brushing application (can be adjusted for dipping or spraying by diluting with water – do not thin coating too much)
- desirable heat retention properties for improved hot working operations
- ATP-641 can be used on both oil quenching and air quenching steels.
Recommendations for Use:
- thoroughly suspend and mix before use
- metal surfaces must be free of dirt, oil, grease, metal oxides, and other materials
A great VIDEO link on how to apply and use ATP-641 for Stainless Steel and High Carbon Steels.